In CTET Exam, the Social Studies section comprises a total of 60 questions of 60 marks, in which 40 questions come from the content section i.e.History, Geography, and Political Science, and the rest 20 questions from Social Studies Pedagogy section. Here, we are providing important Complete study notes on Social Studies which will be very helpful for upcoming CTET and other teaching exams.
CTET Notes on History- Buddhism, Jainism, Upanishads
- Siddharta Gautama, the founder of Buddhism, was born a kshatriya in the Sakya gana in the 6th
- century BCE in Kapilvastu in Nepal.
- He was a young man when he left the comfort of his home and wandered in search of true knowledge, meditating and meeting famous thinkers.
- He finally settled under a peepul tree in Bodh Gaya and vowed to meditate until he achieved enlightenment.
- He preached his first sermon at Sarnath, near Varanasi, and then spent his life traveling on foot and preaching his Dharma to the common people. He died at Kusinara.
4 Noble Truth-
- Life is suffering (Dukha)
- The cause is Thirst or Tanha (Samudaya)
- Hope for the Cure (Nirhodha)
- Treatment as “8 fold path” (Magga)