Gauhati University B.A LL.B & LL.B Admission 2020– Online application forms are invited from eligible candidates for admission into the 1st Semester of B.A LL.B/B.A LL.B (Hons) and LL.B degree programs at university law college, Gauhati University for the session 2020-21.
Opening of Online Admission Portal
B.A LL.B/B.A LL.B (Hons): 29th July 2020 to 9th August 2020
LL.B Degree: From 5th August 2020
Three Year Law Degree Course:
An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of ‘knowledge from a University established by an Act of Parliament or by a State legislature or an equivalent national institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or ‘foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for a three years’ degree program in-law leading to the conferment of LL.B degree on successful completion of the regular program. Provided that applicants who have obtained a First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered eligible for admission in the three-year law degree course.
Five Year Integrated Law Degree Course:
An applicant who has successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (‘+2’) or equivalent (such as 11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized university of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent constituted or recognized by the Union or by the State Govt., may apply for admission into the course. Provided that applicants who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or equivalent certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the integrated five-year law course.
Minimum Marks in Qualifying Examination for Admission
As per stipulation of the Bar Council of India the minimum percentage of marks not below 45% of the total marks in case of general category applicants and 40% of the total marks in case of SC, ST, and OBC applicants, to be obtained in the qualifying examination, such as +2 Examination in case of admission into the integrated Five Year Law Course or in Degree course in any discipline for admission into the Three Year LL.B course. Provided that such minimum qualifying marks shall
not automatically entitle a person to get admission into any college or institution but only shall entitle the person concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the college or the institution concerned or by the government concerned from time to time to apply for admission.
Application Fee: Rs. 250/- as Application Fee
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of fees/ Bank charges through the ONLINE MODE as no other mode of payments will be entertained. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking. RuPay Card is not accepted.
How to Apply:
Candidates need to apply online only and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Before applying online, candidates should
1. All applicants must generate their Unique IDs in the website of the Director, Higher Education at http://dheonlineadmission.amtron.in/sp/
2. Applicants must scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in the upload section of the online application process.
3. Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
4. keep the necessary details/documents/ certificates ready for the documents upload section as well as to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ bank charges
5. Applicants must have a valid personal email ID and Contact Number, which should be kept active till the completion of this admission process. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention email ID to/of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
For details log on to: www.gauhati.ac.in