Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati, invites application for admission in M.Tech(Energy Engineering)for the session 2020-21. Eligible Candidates may apply either based on valid GATE score or through Assam Science and Technology University Entrance Examination (ASTUEE-2020).
Intake Capacity: 18 Students
- Opening of the application submission process: 24 June 2020
- Closing Date of application submission; 18 July 2020 (12:00 AM)
- Declaration of Merit & Waiting list for GATE qualified applicants: 24 July 2020
- Counseling/Admission of GATE qualified applicants; 30 July 2020
- Issuance of admit card for the entrance examination starts: 31July, 2020
- Date of Entrance Examination: 08 August 2020
- Declaration of merit & waiting lists for the shortlisted/selected applicants from entrance exam: 13 August 2020
- Counseling/Admission of entrance exam qualified applicants; 19 August 2020
- Commencement of classes for the new session: 24 August 2020
ADMISSION PROCEDURE/ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
1. BE/B.Tech in Chemical/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Energy Engineering/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Agricultural Engineering or M. Sc. in Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50 % marks (45% for ST and SC) in aggregate (or equivalent CGPA). Candidates awaiting for last semester BE/B.Tech/M. Scresults in the above-mentioned branches may also apply but will have to submit the required documents within the astipulated period to be specified by the selection committee.
2. Candidates with valid GATE score in the above-mentioned branches will be preferred and admitted on merit basis(as per GATE rank).
3. The remaining vacant seats will be filled up through the university entrance examination(ASTUEE-2020)
4. Statutory Reservation and Relaxation Policy shall be followed as per the Government of Assam Rules.
5. The list of selected candidates for counseling/admission will be notified in the university website:https://www.astu.ac.in/6.The selected candidates must have to produce the original testimonials and certificates (as mentioned in Section
6. 2) at the time of counseling/admission.
7. For any clarification, queries may be sent to: email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may submit the filled-in application form after downloading from the ASTU website https://astu.ac.in/on or before the last date of submission of the application process (12:00 AM, 18th July 2020)
Candidates are advised to read the instructions for filling up the application form. The applicants must possess the required criteria and educational qualifications mentioned in ADMISSION PROCEDURE/ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, failing which candidature shall be disqualified at the time of counseling.
The Application Fee is. 500/-(Five Hundred only).However, this fee has been waived off (for the session 2020-21) for the students domicile from Assam as per the Government of Assam guidelines in relation to the situation arising out of COVID 19. Therefore, the students domicile from Assam need not pay any application fee for Admission in M.Tech (Energy Engineering) for the session 2020-21.
PATTERN OF ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
- Date of Entrance Examination: 08 August 2020
- Time for Entrance Examination: 11.00 am –01.00 pm
Section 1: Engineering Mathematics (10 questions each carrying 1 marks)
Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.Calculus: Functions of a single variable, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Taylor series, Mean value theorems, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivative, Maxima and minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.Differential equations: First order equations (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Laplace transforms, Solutions of one-dimensional heat and wave equations and Laplace equation.Complex variables: Complex number, polar form of a complex number, triangle inequality. Probability and Statistics: Definitions of probability and sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distributions, Linear regression analysis. Numerical Methods: Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations. Integration by trapezoidal and Simpsons rule.Single and multi-step methods for the numerical solution of differential equations.
Section 2: General knowledge and current affairs on energy and environment (10 questions each carrying 1 marks)
Section 3: Technical Questions (30 questions each carrying 1 marks)
Basics of energy: Different forms of energy, energy conversion process, indirect and direct energy conversion; Different energy sources; Conventional energy systems: engines, power plants, various methods of power generation; Basics of Thermodynamics: Laws of thermodynamics and applications heat Transfer Operations: Heat Transfer by Conduction, Convection (natural & force convection), Radiation, Boiling, Condensation, Evaporation, Basics of Heat transfer equipment, Heat ExchangersFluid Mechanics:Fluid flow phenomena, Basic equation of fluid flow, Flow of incompressible fluid in conduits, conservation equations for mass, momentum and energy; Uses of non-dimensional numbers to describe flow conditions; Theory and principles of flow measuring devices; Viscous flow in a pipe, Flow-through packed and fluidized bioelectrical Machines:Principles of Transformer, motor and generators, characteristics and applications; DC machines: characteristics and applications