UGC NET 2019 (December) The NTA will be conducting the UGC NET 2019 December Exam for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor or both in Indian University between 02nd to 06th Dec 2019.
UGC NET 2019 Dates (December)
- Starting Date of Application Form: 09th Sept 2019 to 9th October, 2019
- Downloading of Admit Cards: 9th November, 2019
- Date of Examinations: 02nd Dec 2019 to 06th Dec 2019
- Date of Announcing Results : 31st December, 2019
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Not more than 30 years as on 01st December 2019. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on Website www.ncbc.nic.in) SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and to women applicants.
For Assistant Professor
- There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for UGC NET December 2019 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET)accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
- For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
Fee Payable by Candidates
- General – Rs.800/-
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL) – Rs.400/-
- SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender – Rs.200/-
Timing of Exam
- First Shift: 09.30 am to 01.00 pm
- Second Shift: 02.00 pm to 05.30 pm
UGC NET 2019 Exam Scheme and Schedule
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 02nd Dec to 06th Dec 2019 in two separate sessions as under:
- First (Paper-I):100 Marks (50 out of which 50 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 1 Hours (09.30 AM to 10.30 AM, IST)]
- Second (Paper-II): 200 Marks (100 questions all are compulsory) [Duration: 2 Hours (11.00 AM to 01.00 PM, IST)]
Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).
How to Apply: The application form for UGC NET December 2019 can be obtained from the official website, https://www.nta.ac.in/Home
Detailed Syllabus For UGC NET (Paper I & II)
|0||General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)||Click Here|
|1||Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/
Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics
|2||Political Science||Click Here|
|10||Social Work||Click Here|
|11||Defence and Strategic Studies||Click Here|
|12||Home Science||Click Here|
|14||Public Administration||Click Here|
|15||Population Studies||Click Here|
|17||Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial
Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
|39||French (French Version)||Click Here|
|46||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.||Click Here|
|47||Physical Education||Click Here|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||Click Here|
|50||Indian Culture||Click Here|
|55||Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/
Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management
|59||Library and Information Science||Click Here|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies||Click Here|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions||Click Here|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||Click Here|
|65||Performing Art – Dance/Drama/Theatre||Click Here|
|66||Museology & Conservation||Click Here|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/Literature||Click Here|
|71||Folk Literature||Click Here|
|72||Comparative Literature||Click Here|
|73||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/
Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/
Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
|74||Women Studies||Click Here|
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)||Click Here|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health||Click Here|
|82||Forensic Science||Click Here|
|87||Computer Science and Applications||Click Here|
|88||Electronic Science||Click Here|
|89||Environmental Sciences||Click Here|
|90||Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/
Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies,
African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
|92||Human Rights and Duties||Click Here|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management.||Click Here|