IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020
The B.Ed. Program of IGNOU is recognized by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education). The admission to this program is on the basis on an Entrance Test. This year, the Entrance Test will be conducted by National Testing Agency on 29th April, 2020 at more than 100 cities across India.
Important Dates for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam July 2020 Admission
- Online Submission of Application Form – 31st January 2020
- Last Date of online Registration : 29th February, 2020
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website: 1st April, 2020
- Date of Exam: 29th April, 2020
- Downloading of Admit Cards : 1 st April, 2020
- The minimum duration of the program is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the program will be five years.
Medium of Instruction
- The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Program is offered in English and Hindi medium
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU B.Ed
Candidates should have possessed following eligibility criteria defined by IGNOU for B.Ed. Program:
- At least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science & Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualifications equivalent thereto (AND);
The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Govt.
- The Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and War window candidates will be provided as per University Rules.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test Fee: Rs. 600/-
Payment of Application Fee
Through Debit/Credit card – Candidates need to check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card, while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make the required payment through Debit/CreditCard.
Through Net Banking – Check the balance in the account and keep all credentials ready while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should Login with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through NetBanking.
IGNOU B.Ed 2020 Program Fee
- Program Fee is Rs. 50,000/- for the entire Program. Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. program are advised not to pay the fee along with the filled in application form. They will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of Fee
Scheme of IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam
- Mode of Examination – LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration – Two (02) Hours
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Question
- Maximum Marks – 100
- Scoring :
- 1 Mark for correct response
- No negative marking for incorrect response
Medium of Paper – ENGLISH and Hindi ONLY (for B.Ed.)