Assam Postal Circle invites application in the annexure ‘I’ against each post, from eligible candidates for the selection and engagement to the following posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
Name of Posts:
(i) BRANCH POSTMASTER (BPM)
(ii) ASSISTANT BRANCH POSTMASTER (ABPM)
(iii) DAK SEVAK
Total Vacancy: 919
Age Limit: 18 to 40 years as on 05.08.2019
1. Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) 5 years
2. Other Backward Classes (OBC) 3 years
3. Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) No relaxation*
4. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) 10 years*
5. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC 13 years*
6. Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST 15 years*
1. Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English
2. Compulsory knowledge of Local Language. The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard.
Name of Official Languages
- Assam Assam (Excluding Three dists of Barak Valley and Bodoland Territorial Council Areas)- Assamese
- Three Dist. of Barak Valley- Bengali
- Bodoland Territorial Council Areas- Bodo
3. Basic Computer Training
The candidates for all approved categories of GDS referred to in (i) above will be required to furnish Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities / Boards / Private Institutions Organizations.This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
i. Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
ii. No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
How to apply: Only online application will be accepted from the candidate. Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself / herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline with effect from 05.08.2019 to 04.09.2019 with the following basic details to obtain the Registration Number:-
i) Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
ii) Father Name
iii) Mobile Number (Unique for one Registration number)
iv) Date of Birth
vii) PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
viii) State in which Xth class passed
ix) Board in which Xth class passed
x) Year of Passing Xth class
xi) Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional)
Fee Payment: Applicant of category OC/OBC/EWS Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- ( Rupees one hundred) for each set of five options. Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office or other identified Post Offices In India. Names of the offices are available in the website http://appost.in/gdsonline.
Registration & Fee Submission Start Date: 05/08/2019
Registration & Fee Submission End Date: 04/09/2019
Application online Submission Start Date: 05/08/2019
Application online Submission End Date: 04/09/2019
Help line number: 0361-2544881