Assam School Scholarship 2019- Applications are invited from the eligible and intending students studying in class VIII for National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) for the session 2019-20 sponsored by Ministry of Human Recourse Development (MHRD), New Delhi.
About the Scheme:
This Scholarship is for the benefit of the children of weaker sections of the society. The scholarship is paid to the students from class- IX up to class XII i.e. for a maximum period of 4 years @ 12000/- yearly. The qualifying students must register their names through National Scholarship Portal (NSP) to update bank details and other required informations and the scholarship amount gets deposited directly to their bank accounts. Students can renew this every year through NSP up to class XII.
Who can apply?
The students of class VIII studying in Government and Provincialised schools are eligible for appearing in this Examination.
- A written examination will be held on 3rd November, 2019 for selection of candidates under the NMMSS Scheme and there will be two papers.
- Mental Ability Test (MAT): 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal metacognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, Science, Social Studies and Mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
Reservation & Qualifying Marks:
The state quota for Assam is 2411.
15% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category.
7.5% Scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC category and
4% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
Qualifying marks for candidates – General Category – 40%, SC – 32%, ST – 32%, and PH – 32% in each paper.
Where to get the application form?
- Students can submit applications for NMMSS Examination in both OFFLINE and ONLINE mode. Application forms can be collected from the Examination Centres or from IS offices during working hours from 01/09/2019 and has to be submitted on or before 10/10/2019 in the Directorate of Secondary Education, Assam. Students can also get the application forms in the Examination & Training (ET) Branch of the Directorate of Secondary Education from 01/09/2019.
- ONLINE Application process will remain active from 01/09/2019 to 10/10/2019 and students can visit our website www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in to apply.
Last date for submission of applications for both OFFLINE and ONLINE mode is 10th October, 2019.
Date of Examination is 03-11-2019 (3rd November, 2019, Sunday).
E-admit Cards for the candidates will be available online. Candidate may download his/her admit card by using his/her application number or name on or after 15th October’ 2019. If any candidate fails to submit required information or deposit required fee then their applications will be rejected and no admit card will be issued against them.
- Rs.170/- per student for General Category.
- Rs.120/- per student for SC/ST Category.
How to deposit fee:
For OFFLINE mode Applicants,
- The fee has to be deposited through BANK DRAFT in favour of “National Talent Search Examination, Director of Secondary Education” branch “State Bank of India, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19, Assam” on or before 10/10/2019.
- School can prepare “BANK DRAFT” for all General and all Reserved Category students (SC, ST, PH) separately in favour of “National Talent Search Examination, Director of Secondary Education” Bank & branch “State Bank of India, Kahilipara” on or before 10th October, 2019.
- Individual student or school as a whole can also pay through Debit/Credit card through POS machine in the Examination & Training (ET) Branch of Directorate of Secondary Education Assam, Kahilipara.
- For ONLINE mode Applicants, the Fee has to be paid through Debit/Credit card, online SBI through the Website – www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in. The payment gateway will remain open till 10th October, 2019.
The students whose parental income does not exceed 1.5 lakh per annum and the students who scores at least 55% marks in class VII are only eligible to appear in the examination.
Examination & Training (ET) Branch
Directorate of Secondary Education Assam
Kahilipara, Guwahati – 781019.
Website – www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in
Mail id- firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph. No. 94357-76767 (for exam & scholarship inquary only)