A Common Entrance Test will be conducted by Dibrugarh University to provisionally select candidates for admission into the B.Ed. The programme offered by the affiliated colleges and the Department of Education of Dibrugarh University.
Selection Criteria for Admission into B.Ed
Selection for admission into the B.Ed. Programme in any institution under Dibrugarh University will be based on the following:
(a) A Common Entrance Test (CET) to be conducted centrally, which will carry a maximum of 70 marks.
(b) The career performance will carry a maximum of 30 marks, on the basis of the percentage secured in the HSLC, HS, the First Degree and/or Master’s Degree Examination.
(c) 10% of the percentage of marks secured in H.S.L.C., H.S., Bachelor’s Degree and /or Master’s Degree Examination shall be considered as career performance in each examination. For example: If a student gets 53% in the first Degree Examination (Major / Aggregate), his/her career performance marks in that examination will be 5.3.
Exam Pattern for the B.Ed. CET 2019
The Entrance Test shall carry a total of 70 marks consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) on the following areas:
1. General English (15)*
2. General Knowledge (20)
3. Test of Reasoning (15)
4. Numerical ability (10)
5. Teaching Aptitude (10)
The test will be of 1 hour 30 minutes duration from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Instructions to the Candidates regarding the Test
The candidate will have to provide the answers only in the OMR Sheet, which shall be provided along with the Test-Booklet at the time of the Examination. The Candidates are requested to read carefully the instructions given in the Cover page of the Question Booklet as well as in the OMR Sheet of the B.Ed. CET 2019.
The Two Year B. Ed Programme of Dibrugarh University is recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). At present the B. Ed Programme is offered by the following institutions affiliated to (recognized by) Dibrugarh University:
1. Department of Education, Dibrugarh University
2. Govt. Post Graduate Training College, Jorhat (IASE)
3. Lakhimpur P.G.T. College, Lakhimpur
4. College of Teacher Education, Tinsukia
5. KBM College of Teacher Education, Jorhat
6. College of Teacher Education, Golaghat
7. Namrup College of Teacher Education, Namrup
8. Dhemaji P.G.T. College, Dhemaji
9. Bihpuria Post Graduate Training College, Bihpuria
10. Digboi B.Ed. College, Digboi
11. Parijat Academy Teacher Education Institution, Dibrugarh
12. College of Teacher Education, Dhakuakhana
13. Sibsagar College of Teachers’ Education, Joysagar
14. DIET, Lakhimpur, Azad.
15. North Eastern Institute of Management Science, Jorhat
16. Chandrakanta Hazarika College of Teacher Education, Dibrugarh
17. DIET, Dibrugarh, Chabua
18. DIET, Jorhat, Titabor