1. US Government approves sale of AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to India The United States State Department has approved sale of six AH-64E Apache attack helicopters along with support equioments to India. The Apache choppers are one of the most advanced multi-role combat helicopters which have advanced weapons systems and night-fighting features, manufactured by Boeing.
2. Indian-American Dhivya Suryadevara To Become CFO of General Motors
An Indian-American woman, Dhivya Suryadevara has been named the Chief Finance Officer of the US’ largest automaker, General Motors.
3. Dr. Inder Jit Singh Assumes Charge As Secretary, Ministry of Coal
Dr. Inder Jit Singh assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Coal at Shastri Bhawan office, New Delhi.
4. Raksha Mantri Inaugurates 1st BEL Representative Office in Vietnam
Raksha Mantri, Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the first Representative Office of Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in Hanoi, Vietnam.
5. President Ram Nath Kovind To Launch Solar Charkha Mission
President Ram Nath Kovind will launch Solar Charkha Mission which will entail a subsidy of 550 crore rupees in the initial two years for 50 clusters. According to the Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Giriraj Singh, the scheme is aimed at linking five crore women and self-help groups to the initiative.