1. Centre Launches ‘Rail MADAD’, ‘Menu On Rails’ Mobile Apps The Ministry of Railways has launched two mobile applications to ease the traveling experience. The two apps, ‘Rail MADAD’ and ‘Menu on Rails’, were launched by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Minister of State (MoS) Manoj Sinha during a press conference organized to highlight the achievements of the Ministry in the last four years.
2. Met Dept To Use Flash Flood Guidance System For First Time To Forecast Floods
India Meteorological Department (IMD) will use flash flood guidance system for the first time in the country to forecast floods. Currently, the Central Water Commission issues flood warnings.
3. V K Singh Flags Off 1st Batch Of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh has flagged off the 1st batch of three month-long Kailash Mansarovar Yatra-2018 in New Delhi. The Yatra will continue till the 8th of September 2018. There are two routes for the Yatra, one through Lipulekh Pass in Uttarakhand which involves some trekking also.
4. Sharad Kumar Appointed Vigilance Commissioner In CVC
Former NIA chief Sharad Kumar has appointed vigilance commissioner in the probity watchdog CVC. The 62-year-old Kumar, a 1979-batch IPS officer of the Haryana cadre, retired in September last year after heading the National Investigation Agency, an anti-terror probe organization, for over four years.
5. India Beat Kenya To Lift Intercontinental Cup Football Title
India has lifted the Intercontinental Cup football title. In the summit clash in Mumbai, they defeated Kenya 2-nil. Both the goals were netted by skipper Sunil Chhetri. He gave India the lead in the eighth minute before scoring the second goal in the 29th minute.